Friday 22 August 2008

Having a laugh


Congratulations to Zoe Lyons who has just won an award for the funniest joke at Edinburgh Fringe. You may be wondering why I have picked up on this particular news story as it apparently relates to Edinburgh, however Zoe is actually from Brighton and I saw the runner-up comedian - Andrew Laurence at the Komedia so you see it is relevant after all.

Also it gives me a good excuse to talk about the (deep breath in...) Magners Paramount Comedy Festival Brighton, there's nothing like a short and snappy title now is there? It runs from the 9 - 25th October and it seems to be even more crammed full of top acts then ever before. Apart from the two named above there will also be: Dara O'Briain, Alan Carr, Richard Herring, Jason Manford, Dylan Moran, Russell Howard, Ed Bryne, Rich Hall, Jimmy Carr, Andy Parsons, Michael McIntrye, Jeff Green, Frankie Boyle and finally Roy 'just say what you see' Walker! It's all terribly exciting, I'd love to go and see them all but I don't think that will be feasible but I have bought my tickets for Dylan Moran and Roy Walker, as I missed Dylan Moran the last time he was down so I wanted to make sure I saw him this time, and as for Roy Walker well he is a legend!


Anyway the Festival's own website isn't up and running yet but you can find out more and book tickets online from Brighton Dome

Charlotte

No comments: