Monday 1 November 2010

Sophie's First Day at VisitBrighton


Just a quick note to introduce myself…I am Sophie the new ‘inexperienced’ blogger for LoveBrighton (apologies now for any mistakes made!!)

Currently I am an International Tourism Management Student from Leeds Metropolitan University on Placement in industry.

So…this year means breaking away from ‘student life’ this means actually doing more than the odd lecture, partying and lots of sleep that I have grown accustom to!

My time spent in Brighton will include a placement, working within the VisitBrighton Marketing department two days a week as well as the three days in the offices of Brighton Pier where I am planning on doing just a little bit more than eating doughnuts and ‘testing’ out the rides!

As a ‘Geordie’ coming from the North East I am pretty far from my comfort zone so I believe there is a lot of exploring to be done! For years I have visited the city for short holidays and day trips but never ventured further than the Pier or the seafront so definitely need to find myself favourite places to shop, a distinct skill of mine, places where are best to eat, a quirky coffee shop where I can spend Sunday mornings reading magazines or anything I should be doing or visiting to ensure I make the most of living in what seems to be the most energetic city I have been to!

This blog will be a description of what I have done or will be doing within my time in Brighton, hopefully giving details of my ‘exciting’ life as I become an adopted “Brightonian” Any comments and ideas on places or events that are a ‘MUST’ will be much appreciated!!

You can keep up to date with what I am getting up to by following the ‘Sophie in the City’ blog posts.

Sophie

No comments: