Friday 7 November 2008

Brighton Festival news. Yes already!


While most of us are just starting to get our heads around the fact that Christmas is galloping towards us, some people are already looking ahead to 2009.

The Brighton Festival may seem a long way off given that it does not start until May but they are already putting the wheels in motion as they have just announced that Turner prize winner Anish Kapoor will be the guest artistic director. I'll be honest here and admit that I had not actually heard of him, however after John had derided me he then insisted on showing me a picture of some of Anish Kapoor's work and I must say I am now just as excited as John is, I mean imagine something like this in Brighton & Hove:

Apparently a number of Kapoor's works will be presented across the city and they will be the inspiration for the whole programme of events, how exciting!

Charlotte

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the BEAN! In Chicago! Yay to my hometown! It would be great to see something just as cool in my second favourite city Brighton&Hove!

Sarah said...

Oh Jessica really - only your 2nd favourite city! But Chicago is sooooo chilly with all that wind coming off the lake...we shall have to try harder to make Brighton your fav city...