Monday 19 January 2009

Brighton breaks


I don't know about you but quite frankly I'm fed up with all the doom and gloom in the news at the moment and to make matters worse apparently today is the most depressing day of the year, due to the post-Christmas blues and trying to stick to your New Year's resolutions.

However thankfully I am not the only one to think enough is enough when it comes to bad news and so The Optimists' Society (yes there really is such a thing) have decided to rescue 'Blue Monday' and encourage a more positive attitude by sending famously dour celebrities cheer packages. Targets include Jeremy Paxman, Jack Dee and the whole cast of Eastenders and the society will also be hosting a free comedy show.

Personally I think it's a lovely idea as obviously this is a difficult time for people for various reasons but there are still things to be postive about as things could be a lot worse as anyone who watched Survivors will know!

Also I'm going to see Jimmy Carr this weekend so I'm guaranteed a giggle and we've put together lots of special offers for some Brighton breaks that won't cost the earth so you too can experience the 'liberal and tolerant aura that emanates from the city' Don't worry I haven't gone into Marketing jargon overdrive, that is actually a quote from El Mundo, Spain's largest newspaper who wrote a glowing review about having a break in Brighton, they also said that this was one of the coolest cities in the UK, rivalling the capital.



So there you have it, don't let 'Blue Monday' get you down, get on to visitbrighton.com to plan and book your Brighton break now :)

Charlotte

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thank goodness for the optimists society I say!

And don't forget we have Obama coming in this week too! That surely has to be cause for celebration...

I'm actually feeling quite chipper today.

In fact, I think I feel a Life of Brian Song coming on...