Friday 19 June 2009

Thinking positively


When I came back from lunch today I was hit by pangs of guilt as I've left poor Sarah to keep you up to date on all things Brighton this week on both our blog and twitter pages so I thought it was about time I wrote something again.

But then I started to get increasingly grumpy as I was feeling uninspired and then to make matters worse there was a fly continually buzzing around by desk, a somewhat lethargic fly at that although not quite moving slowly enough for me to catch him. So I decided to have a look around on the internet for inspiration and then read these two tweets by Sarah:
  • students rank Sussex Uni as 1 of best places to enjoy 'city life' in the UK
  • by using 'O + (N xS) + Cpm/T + He' an academic worked out the June 20th is the happiest day of the year! wot makes u happy in Brighton?
Which made me feel a bit bad as there is a lot to be positive about rather then getting cross at a fly, although he is still here so I could do with Barack Obamba popping up and squashing it for me! Anyway Sarah's tweets did make me think that I am lucky living here and we do have a habit of taking it for granted. I recently visited a friend of mine who lives further north and she was complaining how small minded a lot of the people were and the fact that there was very little to do, which reminded me how fortunate we are here that the majority of people are liberal and open-minded and that there is always something happening.

Therefore to answer Sarah's question, what makes me happy is the people of Brighton and the general easy-going friendly atmosphere and even that fly seems to have disappeared now and it's almost time to clock off and start the weekend :) And who could be grumpy on sunny days like this:



So when the everyday annoyances of life start getting to you what cheers you up?

Charlotte

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is the happiest day, indeed. I took off and have gone for two weeks holiday, on the 20th, wich is one day before my birthday. Could it be happier?