Friday 11 March 2011

Brighton Marathon training update


It is now time for an update from Andrew Mosley, the General Manager of The Grand, to give us an update on how his Brighton Marathon training is going...

For those of you who have been kind enough to read my fortnightly blog I have an apology to make. I’ve not updated you properly recently and that is primarily due to one reason - a dreaded injury.

Whilst I have to say it’s kind of made me feel….. well, quite athletic in some ways (after all I never dreamt I would sustain an athlete’s injury!!) …… as part of my training I’ve read about injuries and have now realised that they do exactly what they say on the tin!

First of all they hurt. Secondly they stop you running. And as a result of both these things you feel quite down and it’s not a great place to be

Anyway I made a call to the wonderful physiotherapist, Kim, at the Withdean Stadium. She was fantastic and helped me back in to training which I am now doing.

I also bought some new shoes. The “experts” talk about this a lot as well but you never quite know what to believe!! Apparently a decent pair of trainers has got about 500 miles in them. Which makes me feel proud that I needed some new ones.

I was measured up and looked after by the guys at Sweatshop. So training is back to normal and feeling good

However time is against me and with 3 weeks to go until “the taper” I need to get going. I need to start dong some 18 milers. I’ve yet to hit 15 so it could be challenging

Overall though I can’t wait for the day and the anticipation is growing even grater

If you find my BLOG vaguely amusing or want to find out more why not follow our comments on Twitter? Just search for Grandbrighton.

And don’t forget our team’s Just Giving Page

Regards

Andrew

No comments: