Thursday 21 January 2016

Will you find Lady Chastity's wine?


Last night was one of the most surreal nights out we have ever experienced, and considering we work in Brighton that is saying something!

We were invited to experience Handmade Mysteries new game Lady Chastity's Reserve. We weren't sure what to expect, all we knew for sure was that it takes place at The Black Lion pub and that the site describes it as an immersive team game.

Therefore we arrived at the pub feeling slightly confused and with a certain amount of trepidation. However I think this must be the standard entry as we were soon recognised as the group there to play the game!

Now we come to the tricky part of my post as I want to give you an idea of what it's all about without losing the sense of mystery. I guess the first thing I can do is try to reassure you that there aren't any nasty surprises. When I read that there were theatrical elements I had visions of people creeping up on me or trying to grab me in the dark and that idea gave me the heebee-jeebies! There are plenty of moments that will make you jump & scream but most of your time will be spent giggling & shrieking with laughter.

Our host for the evening was Gabriel who cut a dashing figure in his green flock coat and he was on hand to help us throughout the experience. He whisked us upstairs to a private room and after explaining the details of our quest we were left alone in the dark & creepy room to solve the puzzles to try and claim our prize - a coveted bottle of Lady Chastity's Reserve wine. There is a time limit of one hour which is strictly adhered to although Gabriel is on hand to assist if you need him.

Studying the clues...
The time absolutely flew by with moments of confusion and chaos, a few frights and lots of laughter. I'm delighted to say that we did manage to complete the task with just 2 seconds left on the clock! There were four of us in the team which I think was about right as a couple of times we were able to split into two sub-groups to try and speed up the process. It can be played with 2-6 players so in theory you could try this as an alternative date night! However I think this works better for groups, whether it's a team night out; friends get-together or even a corporate bonding session.

The Brighton Divas are victorious! 
If you fancy a night out with a difference then I would highly recommend this, be prepared to get stuck in and make sure you listen to Gabriel - he is there to help not hinder your progress. So if you fancy trying it for yourself then make sure you enter our competition to win tickets for a group of you to play the game.

Charlotte




1 comment:

Ellie said...

Hi! Just found your blog as I'm trying to think of new things to do in town and love this idea... I'm going to look it up now. It sounds more fun than the usual, just go to the pub and get drunk option!