Tuesday 10 November 2015

Flock takes flight!


Last week we were invited along to the launch of Flock Brighton, a new vintage boutique in the North Laine.

This gorgeous little shop brings together four local labels selling a mixture of truly vintage pieces as well as vintage-inspired items including tailor-made blazers and hand-made jewellery. The labels available are Hearts & Guns; Pick Up Sticks; Palomita Jewellery and The Emperor's Old Clothes who has their studio underneath the shop so it truly is a local emporium!


Like a lot of people I am often wary when I hear the word boutique being used as some places do seem to use this as an excuse to quadruple the price tag however this is definitely not the case here. When my eye was caught by a pretty necklace I was pleased to see it was a very affordable £14, although in the end I needn't have worried as my boyfriend sweetly offered to buy it for me :)

Modelling my new necklace by Palomita Jewellery
It's not just the jewellery though as the clothes were also affordable with a range of prices to suit a variety of budgets ,which is all the more impressive given the fact that a lot of the pieces are hand-made.


As we're approaching the festive season Flock is a great place to do a spot of present shopping, although you'll probably end up buying most of the gifts for yourself - and why not, you deserve it ;)

Charlotte


No comments: