Wednesday 7 May 2008

Brighton Fringe City


Well first of all I must thank Hilary for writing her post as I am taking some journalists to see Stockholm on Saturday so I am now even more excited about it!

Anyway I just thought I would pick up on Hilary's post as I went along to Fringe City on Saturday, and I must say I think it's a fab idea. Each Saturday of the Fringe Festival, New Road, Jubilee Street and the Pavilion Gardens become the Fringe City and there are a number of stages so that people can get a taste of some of the events happening during May.

When we were there on Saturday there was some caberet but we mainly went down to see the bands playing, in particular two local favourites - Friday Night Hero and Educated Animals. They will be playing as part of a night called Brighton's Finest on May 23rd along with two other bands so I suggest you get down there as it should be a great night.

I thought it worked really well as a lot of time when skimming through the brochures you can think something sounds good but then be a bit wary about just booking it, so this way you can have a taster and see if you like it and who doens't love a bit of free entertainment?! Of course the weather helped and there was a great atmosphere, as it was busy but there was no bother as everyone was relaxed and happy.

I'm also pleased to see the Udderbelly is back as surely anyone who sees a giant upside down purple cow can't help but smile. So why not come and see for yourself and if you come down by First Capital Connect trains then you can also take advantage of our great offers

Charlotte

No comments: