One of the disadvantages of working in Marketing is having to deal with some of the terrible puns and buzzwords that people in the press and PR seem to love. In recent years we've had the Staycation (holidays in your home country), Set Jetting (holidays to film locations) and also Twixtmas (the time inbetween Christmas and New Year).
While the phrase Twixtmas does make me cringe, it is true that those days in between Christmas and New Year can feel like you are simply counting down the hours to the next event. So why not escape the leftovers and enjoy a break by the sea?
And here are a few suggestions of things to do:
- Get your skates on at the magical Royal Pavilion Ice Rink, or if you prefer spectating you'll be pleased to hear there's a Jamie Oliver's pop-up restaurant onsite as well.
- Visit the Painting Pottery Cafe, simply select your pot, plate or dish; pick up a brush and get creative.
- Get a bird's eye view of the city with a ride on the Brighton Wheel which includes a commentary by local comedian Steve Coogan.
- Breeze up to the Downs on a number 77 bus and work off the turkey and chocolates with a bracing walk or cycle ride in the countryside. Buses run on weekends plus Boxing Day & New Year's Day, learn more about the bus ride by downloading the podcast.
Plus there are still lots of great shows and events taking place that week including:
- Get your fishnets out as it's time to do the timewarp again with the special 40th anniversary party production of the Rocky Horror Show
- STOMP's Lost and Found Orchestra includes traffic cone trumpets, drain pipe organs and musical saws for a musical experience like no other!
- Forget the stresses of Christmas by having a giggle at the Krater Comedy Club or the Treason Show's The year that was 2012
And don't forget you can book your Brighton Twixtmas (sorry!) Break through our site at: www.visitbrighton.com/accommodation and to make it even more tempting we have a range of Winter Offers available including 3 nights for the price of 2.
Whatever you end up doing, I hope you all enjoy a lovely festive break :)