Friday 4 January 2008

Pubs galore


Well we all seemed to have been a bit quiet this week so I thought I'd write a quick post to say Happy New Year, and as I can't think what else to write I might as well let you know what I've got planned for the weekend.

While most people use January to detox it looks like I'll be spending most of tomorrow in and out of pubs, which will come as no surprise to my colleagues I am sure! First of all I am meeting my Mum and grandparents for lunch in the Hove Cricketers (not to be confused with the one in the Lanes which is reputedly the oldest pub in the city). The Cricketers has recently been refurbished and has a lovely home from home relaxed feel to it.

Then I'm meeting my Dad although I might break from the pub and suggest a coffee instead as in the evening I'm meeting a friend in the Ancient Mariner which is another great pub and hopefully we'll get one of the sofas so that we can get comfy and catch up before she goes off to teach in Lithuania (yes she is mad) and then I'll be going on to meet a few more people in the Robin Hood which is more of a traditional pub except for the fact that they give their profits to charity so there we are I will be doing some good after all!

So after all that I'm guessing Sunday will be a fairly quiet day.....

So what about everyone else - are you all paragons of virtue and I am in fact the only one who can't be bothered with this detox malarkey? Perhaps those of you who are still drinking would like to share your tips on the best pubs to go to....

Charlotte

No comments: